Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bedtime!

Ahhh bedtime.  My favorite time of the day!  Don't get me wrong, I love my girls so much.  If I didn't I wouldn't have had them, and wouldn't choose to be a (mostly) SAHM.  I can't venture to say if all moms feel this way, but I imagine most do.  I love the way they smell fresh and clean from a bath.  I love their attentive little faces as we read a book (or two, or five, like tonight).  I love their sleepy little eyes and the way they have the same requests every night.  Rock me this way.  Sing this song to me.  Butterfly kisses.  Scratch my back.  Drink of water?  Some days this routine feels so monotonous I could scream.  However, when I hold them or rub their hair before they fall asleep, its a reminder of how fleeting this time is.  This sounds so cliche, but I feel like it was only yesterday that we were bringing Lilly home from the hospital.  So I know it will be another blink of the eye and she'll think she won't need me anymore and will be embarrassed by me.  They'll both be ganging up on me and saying stuff like, "but MOM, its not fair!"  "Why can't I stay out past curfew?!" 
So for now at least, the house is all quiet, signaling the end of another day.  Sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment