Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Vacation First!

  Today, Carl and I set off on our first ever (mini) vacation without kids.  It is exciting, well-needed but sadness and anxiety provoking!  I got teary a little all day yesterday thinking about leaving them behind for four days!  However, I know they are in great hands, and I know we really need this.  I read everywhere about nurturing your marriage to the benefit of your children.  I guess its one thing to say, and a whole other thing to do.  I am really looking forward to it, but I will be glad when the "goodbye" moment is over!  As a good friend told me, the kids are going to be here when you get back, so you might as well enjoy it!  I feel really blessed to have people who are willing to watch our kiddos for such a long period of time (and our dog and cat!).  The girls at work were questioning me, "where are you going?"  My boss replied, "they are going alone, does it really matter?"  SO TRUE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment