Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ready, set.....GO!

  Well, not really ready, set, go BUT she's working on it!  I honestly thought Avery would be well past the one year mark before walking.  Lilly was in the 9 month range and Ryley in the 10 month range when they started walking.  Avery is shortly going to be 11 months old.  She is pulling up on things but really shows no interest in standing alone or cruising along the furniture, much less walking.  Actually, she only has recently figured out how to get back down once she stands up to something.  As far as I am concerned, I hope all these milestones take forever to reach.  I am glad she took a while to crawl, to cut teeth, to feed herself.  It just means maybe I can keep her my little baby that much longer.  Granted, she will always be my BABY but she won't be a baby much longer.  Know what I mean?  You mommas, I know you know.  As far as feeding goes, she went from hating table food, to accepting only table food and almost totally rejecting a bottle in the last month or so.  Basically we are down to maybe 10 ounces or less a day.  It is seriously depressing, I LOVE cuddling her close and that time is dwindling fast. 
  Anyhow, the whole point of this is because the other day I was in the kitchen doing homework with Lilly when Carl shouted for me to come in the living room.  I came in and Avery was busily emptying a laundry basket onto the floor.  Then he picks her up and drags the basket back to the other side of the room.  He says, "watch this!"  Avery stands herself up on the basket and proceeds to push the basket across the floor.  Walking.  My kid.  The one who scooted on the floor for MONTHS.  The one that who's never even cruised around furniture!  I was shocked, I didn't see that coming at all!  I got it all on video, it was so cool!  And scary.  And sad.  These moments really do sneak up on you, I feel like we were just bringing her home from the hospital yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment